Culver Woodcraft Camp is a six-week, activity-based camp designed for youth ages 9 to 14.
Woodcraft Camp offers more than 80 elective courses and activities that help campers gain independence, develop leadership skills and increase self-confidence while discovering new interests, making friends and having fun.
- Classes: Each Monday – Friday campers receive formal instruction during five 45-minute class periods; three classes in the morning and two classes in the afternoon. Classes are divided into three two-week trimesters. Students have more than 80 electives to choose from and most classes are two-weeks in length. Academic classes (English, Writing Composition, Reading to Learn and Math) meet for all six weeks. Click here to view a full list of electives.
- Weekday afternoons and evenings are filled with athletic, aquatic and unit activities.
- Weekends: All campers participate in a General Inspection (GI) on Saturday morning. The combined Woodcraft and Upper School Garrison Parade starts at 7:00 pm on Saturday evenings followed by Council Fire at 9:30 pm. Each Sunday evening at 7:30 pm the Woodcraft corps gathers in the Amphitheater for our weekly Woodcraft Awards.
- Students may leave campus on "Permit" with parents or, if authorized, with friends or another camper's parents on Saturdays and Sundays beginning with the second weekend of camp.
- Students attend one of five religious or spiritual life services each week: Jewish Prayer, Islamic Studies, Constructive Meditation, Roman Catholic Mass, or Protestant Chapel.
The A-frame cabins are equipped with ceiling fans and screened windows all around; Woodcrafters sleep practically in the open air. Each camper has a center bin, wardrobe and athletic bin assigned to them for personal items.
Cabins house up to 12 Woodcrafters and a counselor. Each group of four or five cabins comprises a unit, which also includes a head counselor and two to three assistant counselors. The head counselor is your main point of contact throughout the summer.
Does Woodcraft Camp sound like the perfect fit for your child? Apply today!