How to apply for a scholarship
Follow the directions below to fully apply for a scholarship. Follow up with Culver to make sure your application is complete at SummerFA@culver.org.
1. Apply to Camp
Apply to camp at www.culver.org/summerapp. Parents must complete the online application and pay the $50.00 Application Fee. The Application Fee is required for all applications. Requesting Financial Aid does not waive the fee. The Application Fee must be paid in order to submit and process your child's application. When filling out the application, mark "YES" to the question regarding Financial Aid.
2. Apply for the Scholarship
Choose the appropriate scholarship listed on this page. Download and print the Merit Scholarship Application here.
Complete the scholarship form and return it to Culver by mail, fax (574) 842-8462 or email to SummerFA@culver.org. Have a teacher/principal/band director complete the scholarship evaluation form and send directly to Culver by mail, fax 574-842-8462 or email SummerFA@culver.org. You should complete this application soon after receiving your approval to attend camp. The deadline to complete the Scholarship application is February 15, 2021.
Families may apply for either need-based assistance, merit-based scholarship, or both.
3. Apply for Financial Aid
You must have a United States social security number to be eligible to apply for financial aid.
Create an Account with Smart Aid
- Culver has partnered with Smart Aid, our online resource for applying for financial aid. Please visit the Smart Aid website and create your account by entering your primary email address as your username. Smart Aid will use this email address to contact you in the event that your application is “on hold” for missing documentation.
- You will need a 5-digit school code to link your account with Culver Summer Schools & Camps. Culver’s 5-digit code is 13581.
- Once you create your username and password, you will receive a verification email. Once you click the verification link to verify that you are the account holder, you will be able to log in using the username and password you created.
- Please be advised that if you do not click the verification link that is sent to your email address, you will not be able to log in or reset your password.
- If you did not receive an email with the verification link, please check your spam and junk folders.
- Documentation should be submitted at the time the application is completed. Your Smart Aid family ID must be included on all documents. This ID number can be found in your Smart Aid account confirmation email. Failure to include your ID will delay processing of your application.
- Please be advised that each document must be uploaded separately under the appropriate document type in order for your application to automatically move into the review status.
- Please upload all documentation on the Smart Aid website using your login with your username and password.
Already have an account with Smart Aid?
- If you have an existing Smart Aid account with another school or institution, please contact Culver Summer Schools & Camps to have Culver's school code added to your account.
- The Parent/Guardian and Dependents section of the application will be auto-filled for you, you will simply need to confirm the information before advancing to the next sections of the application.
- If any information from the Parent/Guardian and Dependent section should be updated, please make the necessary changes.
Notification of Financial Aid Award
- Once your application is processed, a financial aid recommendation will be forwarded to Culver Summer Schools & Camp. All final financial aid decisions, including notification of an award amount (if any), will be made by Culver Summer Schools & Camps. If you have not received notification regarding financial aid, please contact Culver Summer Schools & Camps by email or by phone at 574-842-8300.
- Parents/guardians will be notified by email of the financial aid award offered by mid-March and given a date by which to respond to either accept or reject the award.
All forms and information for financial aid must be completed AND submitted to Smart Aid no later than February 15, 2021.
- Phone Support: (800) 360-8027
- Email Support: email@example.com