Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Circumstances surrounding the virus are rapidly evolving and appropriate precautions, planning and communication are essential. This webpage is designed to aggregate resources related to COVID-19 for members of the Culver Academies community.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will there be an in-person Commencement ceremony for the Class of 2020?
- What is the status of Culver’s upcoming on-campus events?
- Will my student be able to remain on campus during breaks?
- What are you doing to keep my child safe while at Culver Academies?
- Can I attend sporting events when our teams play off campus? What safety precautions am I expected to take when visiting with my son or daughter after a sporting event?
- How often will my child be tested for the COVID-19 virus?
- Can my child leave campus for the first six weeks of school?
- Why will my child’s cell phone be collected at night?
- Can I take my child off campus on permit, PONL, or weekend leave after the first six weeks?
- Will students be eating in the Dining Hall?
- Can I come to campus to visit my child or attend ceremonies and sporting events?
- What if my child tests positive for COVID-19?
- What if my child is exposed to someone who tests positive for COVID-19?
- Will a child who is quarantined still have class?
- What if my child gets really sick?
- Under what conditions will the campus be closed again?
- Will the campus be open all year round?
- What support is offered international students in different time zones?
- I am having difficulty acquiring a visa and transportation for my student. Will online education be available for my student if they are unable to arrive to Culver on time during the week of Aug. 11-15, 2020?
- Will my student have to quarantine upon arrival to the United States?
- Does my student need a stateside point of contact?
- Does the insurance purchased at school cover for international students' pandemic treatment?
- Will my family receive room and board reimbursement if my student is unable to start school on time based on transportation and visa challenges?
- If the campus is closed again, what will the arrangements for international students look like?
- What can I do if I have additional questions?
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO)
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak WHO Main Page
- WHO COVID-19 Advice for the Public
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Daily Situation Reports
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)