Tuition & Financial Aid
Affording a Culver Education
In the world of boarding and secondary schools, Culver offers a tremendous amount of value compared to our peer institutions. We understand that a private school education requires a significant financial commitment from families. Thanks to our generous benefactors and supporters, we are able to offer resources to help make a Culver education financially feasible for qualifying families. We also offer a payment plan for families seeking additional flexibility.
2022-23 School Year
Tuition, Room, and Board: $57,000
35% of Culver families receive need-based financial assistance.
At Culver Academies, we offer a variety of financial support resources to help make a Culver education attainable for qualified families. We recognize that every family's financial picture looks different, and we are committed to providing a thorough review of every applicant's individual circumstances. It is Culver's expectation that families contribute to the cost of their child's education at the highest level they are able.
- Culver offers both need-based assistance and merit-based awards.
- Need-based aid depends on a family's financial profile as determined through the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) in the School and Student Services (SSS) Portal.
- Distinguished Scholarships cover the cost of tuition, room and board, and some additional fees.
- For families seeking payment flexibility, our Business Office offers a 10-month payment plan. The plan allows tuition payments to be spread over 10 months (May through February) for a $100 annual fee.
“Overall, that experience at Culver was terrific. I learned how to be a leader. You worked with people from different parts of the world at Culver. I would say it was a great foundation for me to have discipline, to understand you had to work to get to the front and that is important to me in life.”Roger Penske Auto Racing Legend
Financial Aid Timeline
- September 1: Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) available online through School and Student Services (SSS).
- January 15: Deadline for submission of financial aid application and all supporting documentation for new and returning students.
- February-March: Financial Aid Committee reviews completed financial aid requests for all students.
- March: Financial aid notifications are shared with families along with admissions decisions.
- What determines eligibility for financial aid?
- Are International Students eligible for need-based financial aid?
- Will a request for financial aid influence the admission decision?
- What do I need to submit to apply for financial aid?
- Will my financial aid package change from year-to-year?
- What happens if the parents are divorced or separated?
- Is there a minimum income a family must have in order to be considered for financial aid?
- Once a PFS is submitted is a financial aid package guaranteed?
- Is financial aid renewed each year automatically?
- Are the financial aid awards kept confidential?
- Is it possible, aside from financial aid at Culver Academies, to help families meet educational expenses?
- Is there a repayment obligation involved when a family receives aid from Culver Academies?
- What is the difference between a need-based award and a scholarship/merit-based award?
- Are there different types of scholarships?