At Culver Academies, we are dedicated to providing our international students with the programs and support necessary to adjust to life at Culver and in the United States – all while retaining and celebrating our students' unique cultural heritages.
Culver prepares all students for a world where global boundaries are no longer barriers to understanding and cooperation. We welcome all international students to apply.
NOTE: Limited need-based financial aid resources are available for Canadian and international students. Learn more about financial aid resources and the application process here.
International students who are applying as incoming 9th or 10th grade student are eligible to submit a Distinguished Scholarship application, but will only be considered for the Batten Scholarship Program. Learn more information about the Batten Scholarship Program here.
International Application Process
Start the application process
- The process begins in the fall prior to the next school year in which you wish to enroll.
- All required application items must be received by January 15th.
- Culver Academies uses the Standard Application Online (SAO). To learn more about using the SAO and begin your application, click here.
Meet admissions testing requirements.
- International students must demonstrate proficiency in English, and must submit a standardized test score (SSAT, ISEE, PSAT, SAT, or ACT), and either a TOEFL iBT exam score (school code: 8111) or IELTS scores.
- TOEFL iBT scores needed for each grade consideration are:
9th & 10th grade: minimum score 90-99
11th grade: minimum score >100
Culver does not offer admission for 12th grade, and we do not offer a post-grad (PG) year.
- Applicants from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan will take an initial English assessment and have a writing sample evaluated by Vericant.
- Culver Academies offers an English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program on a limited basis for admitted students.
Schedule your personal interview and campus visit.
A visit to campus can be arranged year-round, but most visits take place from September through January.
During a visit, you will get to know Culver better and it will give our admissions team a chance to get to know you, too. A student ambassador will give you a tour of campus and answer your questions from a current student's perspective.