At Culver Academies, we are dedicated to providing our international students with the programs and support you need to adjust to life at Culver and in the United States – all while retaining and celebrating your own cultural heritage.
Culver prepares all students for a world where global boundaries are no longer barriers to understanding and cooperation. We welcome all international students to apply.
NOTE: Need-based financial aid is not available for international students. International students who are applying as incoming 9th or 10th grade student are eligible to apply for the Batten merit scholarship. For more information, please visit Batten Scholars Program.
International Application Process
Start the application process
- The process begins in the fall prior to the next school year in which you wish to enroll.
- All required application items must be recieved by January 15th.
- All international applicants must submit the Culver Academies Application by creating an online account through our Online Application for Admission (we do not accept common applications).
Meet admissions testing requirements.
- International students must demonstrate proficiency in English, and must take both the TOEFL iBT exam (school code: 8111) and the SSAT exam (school name: Culver Academies).
- SSAT total student percentile score should be above 50%. TOEFL iBT scores needed for each grade consideration are:
9th & 10th grade: minimum score 90-99
11th grade: minimum score >100
Culver does NOT accept admission for 12th grade, nor do we offer a PG year.
- Applicants from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan will take an initial English assessment and have a writing sample evaluated by Vericant, our affiliate in China.
- Culver Academies offers an English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program on a limited basis.
Schedule your personal interview and campus visit.
A visit to campus can be arranged year-round, but most visits take place from September through January, in conjunction with an interview for admission to Culver.
Campus visits are arranged by appointment only. We request a two-week notice for all visits.
During a visit, you will get to know Culver better and it will give your Admissions Counselor a chance to get to know you, too. A student ambassador will give you a tour of campus and answer your questions from a current student's perspective. These campus visits can be tailored to your specific interests if time and schedules allow. For example, if you want to learn more about a subject or activity, a meeting may be arranged with an activity sponsor or coach.
- Interviews are a required part of the application process.
- It is to the applicant's advantage to come to campus for this interview.
- Contact our visit coordinator at 800-528-5837 (toll-free in US/Canada) or email@example.com to schedule your campus visit.