From learning first chords to performing at Carnegie Hall, Culver students at all skill levels have exceptional opportunities to explore and expand their musical talents.
Student expression through movement comes alive in Culver’s celebrated dance program, which provides curricular and extracurricular offerings for both the performing dancer and the beginning student.
Culver offers an array of musical experiences. From traditional classroom teaching to our Honors in Music, Military Band, and extracurricular opportunities, you can tune your path to create your own Culver experience
- Music courses cover all areas of interest, from Songwriting and Guitar for Beginners to Concert Band and Advanced Placement Music Theory.
- Our professional instructors work closely with students, transforming novices into remarkable performers – often by the end of their first year!
- Beginner and advanced musicians may pursue a variety of curricular and extra-curricular activities, ensembles and performances.
- Students can take private music lessons in brass, woodwind, string and percussion instruments, as well as piano, voice, guitar and bagpipes.
- Advanced musicians looking for immersion in music, or those intending to continue their studies at the college level, can explore the Honors in Music program.
- Students have opportunities to collaborate with professional groups and visiting artists, both on and off campus.
- Culver Military Academy students can join the Culver Military Band, which provides music for CMA events, school ceremonies and other programs. The Military Band includes two ensembles: the Corps of Drums and the Lancer Band.