Everyone Learns Differently
Based on emerging research in the field of learning sciences, the Department of Learning Resources integrates academic support with students, faculty and staff to help students achieve their academic potential. The department promotes students’ academic growth in and out of the classroom, developing and nurturing the whole individual.
Learning Support Services
Ms. Mullins works closely with students to implement individualized accommodation plans and makes recommendations for internal and external learning support services.
Indirect Learning Support Services
- Consultation and collaboration with parents, teachers, counselors, support staff, and outside professionals.
- Development and implementation of an accommodation plan individualized to match a student’s specific learning profile based on submitted documentation of a learning disability and learning needs.
- Recommendations for outside psycho-educational testing and related academic interventions (e.g., tutoring, occupational therapy).
- Recommendations for placement and/or participation in available learning support programs.
Direct Learning Support Services
- Academic and behavioral interventions in collaboration with instructors and counselors
- Classroom and testing accommodations for students with documented disabilities
- Standardized testing accommodations
- Math and Science Help Centers
- Writing Center
- Tutorials in Academic Departments
- ELL Programs
- Supervised Evening Learning Support