Developing Critical Thinking for Life
Mathematics is a problem-solving process, a way of thinking, and an approach to learning. At Culver, students investigate and discover math fundamentals in a collaborative, student-based classroom experience. They foster a deep understanding of concepts with real-world applications, a benefit in any field they pursue.
All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.Galileo Galilei.
The integrated mathematics curriculum emphasizes student-centered teaching methodologies, quantitative literacy, and the appropriate use of technology.
- Culver Academies requires seven (7) credits in Math, including Introductory Algebra, Geometry, Intermediate Algebra and Statistics.
- Culver students take courses in algebra, geometry and intermediate algebra, and may elect more advanced programs such as calculus, statistics and more.
- Students also benefit from enrichment opportunities outside the classroom, such as math competitions and our Math Forum.
- Instructors offer a variety of courses to ensure students at every ability level have the opportunity to continue and succeed in their mathematics education.
- Technology, such as computers and graphing calculators, supports mathematical concepts and are used to solve problems, analyze data, explore patterns and communicate results.