Culver Mini Camps
Fall and Spring Mini Woodcraft Camp
Boys and Girls, Ages 7-12
September 25-27, 2015
May 13-15, 2016
The fall and spring Mini Woodcraft Camps will be available for parents and alumni registered to attend Fall Parents Weekend and CMA/CGA Reunion Weekend.
Mini Woodcraft Camp introduces children to the wonderful Culver Woodcraft Camp. The weekend schedule is shaped to be as close to the real experience as possible, revealing the fun and excitement of our day-to-day programs. Campers will make new friends from near and far, participate in exciting activities, and enjoy a sample of our evening camp rituals. All of this is wrapped up into one fun-filled weekend here at Culver.
Both Mini Woodcraft Camp programs will run Friday until Sunday. Additional information will be included in the registration materials for those events.
- My son had a great time. I was shocked when we picked him up and he said he wanted to come back for the 6-week camp. He is quite the home-body.
- Bravo! Mini-camp's success foreshadows Woodcraft's!
- I want you to know that my son had a great time and even showed me the buffalo dance in the school parking lot today! He said he didn't get time to ask if he could come this summer (woodcraft camp) because he ran out of time-although he's certain he's ready!!
- They had a BALL!!! Kudos to you and your team! Though my son was quite beat on Sunday, he told me that the camp was the best thing he ever did in his life! Very impressive, thanks for everything.
- My daughter LOVED the mini camp and I just wanted to thank you and your team for your hard work with them this weekend. She is really interested in coming back for summer school so the seed is planted! :-)
- Thank you for everything you and your staff did to ensure the kids had a great camp experience, despite the weather. Our daughter really enjoyed it.
- My daughter had a ball! Thanks for a great weekend. We're all looking forward to camp.
- I want to start off by saying how much fun my son had this past weekend. I am truly thankful that you and the Culver staff provide a safe and enriching program
Campers attending Mini Camp will be staying at our Woodcraft Camp adjacent to the main campus. There will be approximately 10 campers, boys and girls separated, in each cabin with one counselor per cabin. There will also be a director overseeing the entire program.
ITEMS TO BRING TO CAMP
These are items that each camper will need for the weekend:
Sleeping bag and/or blankets
Sheets for a twin bed (fitted or unfitted)
Coat (depending on the forecast, a windbreaker or warmer jacket)
4 pairs shorts/pants (jeans or sweats) and shirts
Toiletry Items (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, brush/comb)
Tennis shoes (2 pairs in case one gets wet)
Shower shoes (Crocs, aqua socks)
Book (if your camper is a nighttime reader)
*Please be sure all items are marked clearly with the camper's name.
ITEMS TO NOT BRING
Skateboards, roller skates, cell phones, iPads, laptops, TVs, food, beverages or similar articles. Culver's insurance does not cover loss or damage to the property of campers. Please mark all possessions with your child's name.
Please contact Culver Summer Camps at firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-842-8300.
If your child is not eligible for the Mini Woodcraft Camp, please consider one of the other camps that Culver offers in your child's designated age group:
Junior Woodcraft Camp: For children ages 7-9 yeards old
Woodcraft Camp: For children ages 9-14 years old
Upper Camp: For children ages 14 & Up