Financial Aid is available to children applying to Culver Woodcraft Camp and Culver Upper Camp only. Financial Aid is not available for Junior Woodcraft Camp.
Family finances are the largest factor in determining awards, as well as the qualifications of the applicant for camp. Awards vary from approximately $500 to $3,500. The average award is $2,300. A substantial financial commitment is always required of the family to cover costs such as the application fee, remaining tuition, transportation, uniforms and spending money.
Culver's Financial Aid budget comes from endowed funds, annual gifts, and monies from the operating budget. Thus, there is no guarantee that the demonstrated financial need of those applying will be met. Culver pledges to do its best.
Questions about the process should be addressed to Emily Ryman at (574) 842-8209 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Culver also offers Scholarships for certain ages and demographic areas. Please see our website for details.
- Apply to camp through the regular application process. Parents of new campers must complete the online application, pay the $50 application fee, and send the two teacher recommendations to your child's school. Parents of returning campers must complete the online application and pay the $50 Application Fee.
- The application fee is required with all applications. Requesting Financial Aid does not waive the fee. The application fee must be paid in order to process your child's application.
- On the application, mark "YES" to the question regarding Financial Aid.
- After you apply to camp, you will receive an email about Financial Aid, including documents and processes for you to complete by March 1.
- Culver requires families to complete the School and Student Services (SSS) Parents' Financial Statement (PFS). This must be completed and paid for (approximately $37) online. (Select Culver Summer Schools & Camps as your institution. The Culver Summer Schools & Camps School Code is 144418. Do not select Culver Academies as your institution.) The PFS will require you to submit a W-2 and a 1040. Do not send these forms to Culver. Instructions for submitting tax forms are available on the SSS website. Parents of international campers should submit official government income and tax documents from their home country.
- In addition to completing the PFS, additional forms must be completed and sent to Culver. This includes the Applicant Statement (to be completed by your child) and School Grades form (to be completed by your child's school.) These forms may be faxed to (574) 842-8462 or mailed to 1300 Academy Road #138, Culver, IN 46511.
- All forms and processes for Financial Aid must be complete, submitted and/or returned by March 1.
- It is the responsibility of the parent to check the status of all materials submitted, such as checking to make sure: Culver received your PFS from SSS, your child's school has submitted your child's evaluation forms, Culver received your child's evaluation forms, and if Culver has all documents needed to be considered for financial aid.
- Parents/guardians will be notified by email of the Financial Aid award offered by April 1 and given a date by which to confirm acceptance of the financial aid offer.