It is expected that all people using the facility act in a way to promote and support the Culver Mission statement. It is also expected that people using the facility would follow the guidelines listed below to help assure a safe and enjoyable environment.
• People are encouraged to bring water but other drinks are not allowed in the fitness center.
• No food or gum is permitted in the fitness center.
• Everyone will check in at the reception desk unless using the Center as part of an organized group; i.e. PE class, intramurals, or sports team.
• Appropriate attire should be worn while working out. (Refer to “Dress Code.”)
• Equipment needs to be wiped down after use.
• Music may be played but should be cleared with the supervisor and should not interfere with others.
• Respect the equipment.
• The supervisor makes the final decisions about the safe operation of the facility.
• A spotter is required when using the bench press.
• Respect the time limitations of the various machines.
• Circuits are to be completed in sequence and without delays.
• Each person will go through a general orientation of the use of the facility and equipment
Participants: The following people are permitted to use the facility provided they adhere to the conduct outlined.
• Students enrolled at the Culver Educational Foundation.
• Employees, part time and full time, of the Culver Educational Foundation.
• Dependents of Employees of the Culver Educational Foundation (dependent is someone who is filed on the employee's tax return).
• Children 12 and under must be accompanied and supervised by their parent or guardian
• Special contributors as determined by the Alumni office, or Head of Schools.
• Guests of employees, as determined by Alumni office, Head of Schools, or fitness center manager of the Culver Educational Foundation.
• Visiting artist or speakers, as determined by the fitness center manager and Culver Educational Foundation.
• Culver groups and special events as determined by fitness center manager and Culver Educational Foundation.
• Culver boarding school/summer camp graduates as determined by the Alumni office.
Identification Needed for Access:
• Students must be able to present a school identification card if needed.
• Employees of Culver Educational Foundation must have a photo employee identification card to present at the front desk. All cards must be current, and may be kept on file in the fitness center.
• Spouses and dependant family members must be listed on the employee's current identification card.
• Alumni of boarding school/summer camps must present a photo identification card with year of graduation. These cards can be obtained through the Alumni Office.
• Visitors, guests, and special contributors must present a guest pass issued by the fitness center manager, Alumni office, or Head of Schools.
• On occasion special activities and events are held or sponsored by the Fitness Center. These activities are conveniently posted on the web site, at the front desk, and Daily Bulletin. E-mail notices are also distributed through the global address list at Culver. These events on occasion may be open to people outside of the Culver Academies and they may have to sign a waiver.
• Those individuals wanting to schedule any area of the Fitness Center for special activities or group practices should do so through the Fitness staff as early as possible.
• The weight room key is available for sign-out by adults 21 years or older during regular Fitness Center hours, and in accordance with CEF policy. An adult must accompany students or anyone under the age of 21.
• Anyone using the pool for purposes for individual or team conditioning must have a lifeguard on duty.
• Anyone wishing to use equipment for recreational use must sign it out at the front desk and leave an ID card.
• Students visiting the Fitness Center are expected to be in appropriate attire for the day. Culver students using the Center for PE classes or as members of teams will be dressed according to the guidance of the instructors and coaches. This includes ball caps. Students using the facility during free times will be in regulation rec. as directed in the Student Handbook.
• Adults are asked to dress appropriately and as closely to the guidance that the students are provided; i.e. no sports bras, inappropriately tight fitting or unserviceable clothing, etc. Adults are permitted to wear ball caps.